Friday, September 5, 2014

Uluru Day 1 28th August 2014

What an amazing idea that my mother-in-law had to have a holiday together in Uluru (Ayers Rock) in Central Australia, one of the most picturesque part of the outback (if not THE most). In the middle of the continent surrounded by beautiful red sand landscape covered in vibrant green vegetation. What a contrast from above, making it the prettiest and best plane rides I have ever taken.
The silence... the beautiful quiet, away from the noise of the city. I don't know how many times I said a silent prayer for this solitude and 'detox' of the senses. Checking into our apartment in the resort, my anticipation was almost too much to let me sleep if it were not for the peaceful surrounding. I glimpse the landmarks from far away and can only imagine how beautiful it will be on our sunrise tour tomorrow morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment